Discover the Power of Science
Customized R&D networks for Business, academia, non-profits and governments
- Accelerate innovation by accessing external resources to complement internal scientific expertise.
- Increase efficiency and productivity by adding virtual R&D capacity at lower fixed cost and risk.
- Increase effectiveness by using external researchers to answer more routine questions allowing in-house
scientists to focus on higher value contributions.
- Overcome R&D roadblocks with expert teams that can address the specific scientific issues causing the development standstill.
- Build a cross-discipline scientific pool to expand in-house research competencies.
- Source new technologies and existing products from the global marketplace to solve R&D and product development challenges.
- Build customized, distributed global R&D networks.
- Develop a best practice innovation program unique to your business.
THE CHANGING LANDSCAPE OF R&D
Historically, companies conducted research and development almost entirely within their own walls. But as BusinessWeek highlighted in a 2009 cover article, "The Radical Future of R&D," these walls are coming down.
Companies are collaborating increasingly with scientists and other experts across corporate and national boundaries. They’re realizing that cooperative R&D and open innovation enable them to stay more competitive and bring new products and services to market more quickly.
“We want to partner with the best innovators everywhere,” said Bob McDonald, P&G’s former chairman, president, and chief executive officer.
“The world is our lab now,” said John E. Kelly III, director of IBM Research. “... I can have a much larger impact on the company and our research if I operate this way.”
“There is no national science just as there is no national multiplication table.” Anton Chekhov (1860-1904)